Saturday, January 3, 2009

When does Ebay start up again

Darned if I know, but I did watch it religiously over the holidays. It dropped slightly to about 2,000 listings total in one collector category I am interested in. Just after Christmas it dropped to 1,700, and it took until New Year's day to rise to 1,800.

I did bid on some stuff over the holidays, but I did not detect that things went for lower than normal prices.

I did notice that the listings that dried out were more of the "good stuff" instead of the crap CD-roms and posters and general garbage some folks list every week. This is the stuff that be left on Ebay if the company management has its way and gets rid of the small sellers. I would be far happier, and probably spend more money, if they limited those big sellers that post the same new made stock item 75 times in a single category per week.

No comments: